Workplace Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Programs
LINC works to advance diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) in workplaces through its DEI Community (membership), virtual DEI Roundtables, and its connections to resources and practitioners that have fueled workplace DEI efforts in our community and beyond. LINC’s DEI Community is a resource designed to help leaders create meaningful change in their organizations so that employees from diverse backgrounds feel like they belong and can thrive where they work.
LINC’s Talent Attraction services support job candidates through pre-hire consultations: one-on-one conversations in which a LINC Community Transition Specialist addresses any concerns impacting the candidate and/or their families’ decision to accept the job offer. Offering this unique service to top candidates for difficult-to-fill roles gives your organization a competitive edge in recruiting skilled talent with diverse backgrounds and needs.
Transition Support services provide support to employees and their families who are in the midst of relocating to a new community in order to ease their transition. Our goal is to help you or your employee feel truly at home where they live and to build long-lasting community connections. Transition support often includes:
- Personalized resource recommendations
- Access to LINC Resource Portal with searchable housing options and essential moving information
- List of preferred realtors, concierge shipping options, banks, apartment complexes, and more
- Pre-move and post-move checklists
- Multiple touchpoints with a LINC Community Transition Specialist
- Warm introductions to people in the community with shared backgrounds, cultures, & interests
- Invitation to LINC’s monthly events to welcome newcomers to our community
Career Support Services
LINC offers Career Support services to individuals that are moving to a new location in search of employment through attentive, customized job search guidance. This service was designed to address the unique needs of accompanying partners in dual-income households.
Summer Early Career Welcome & Connections Program
Residents, interns, co-ops, and recent college graduates often start internships or new jobs in May or June. LINC offers summer events and activities specifically designed to engage early career professionals so they love the Lehigh Valley and accept offers for full-time permanent work in the community.
- Summer Welcome Consultations (1 hour consultation with LINC staff)
- Virtual Webinars highlighting housing options, transportation, and recreational activities (including summer camps or childcare options for those with families)
- Presentations at new hire or intern orientations with Lehigh Valley-themed Welcome ‘swag’ bags
- Invitations to 3 LINC-exclusive cross-industry social events, such as:
- Movie Night at Shankweiler’s Drive-In
- Lehigh Valley Trivia Night with Door Prizes and Awards
- Concert Meet-up at Rock the Walk
Contact us to Get LINC’d with resources to support your new hires and employees today!