LINC envisions communities and workplaces where everyone feels welcome, gets rooted, and thrives and helps advance diversity, equity, and inclusion in organizations by:
- Increasing understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion among employers and employees
- Facilitating the sharing of practices/strategies that help attract and retain a diverse workforce
- Partnering with community leaders to address the needs of employees and foster a more inclusive climate in the Lehigh Valley
LINC defines Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion as:
- Diversity is the unique backgrounds with which the members of our workforce identify. This includes and is not limited to our ethnic backgrounds, gender identities, sexual orientation, veteran status, ability status, age, and religious/spiritual affiliations.
- Equity is an individual-focused approach to supporting the specific needs of each member of the workforce, moving away from a “one-size-fits-all” approach and recognizing the unique needs that each member of our organization has.
- Inclusion is the deliberate act of engaging with our community to support the diverse identities and backgrounds of our workforce. Thus, creating a welcoming, supportive, and more equitable community and working environment for all residents and employees of the Lehigh Valley. This contributes to a sense of belonging and allows all members of our community to contribute to their full potential and thrive.
LINC’s efforts in support of the community will be directed towards creating an inclusive environment where talent is welcomed and has a sense of belonging throughout the Lehigh Valley.
LINC is proud to support our LGBTQ+ community members and business partners.
Interested in resources to support your LGBTQ+ employees and team members? Join LINC’s DEI Community to get access to hundreds of curated resources to support your employees’ needs.