President / Chief Operating Officer
This position reports to LINC’s Board of Directors and is responsible for the overall leadership and management of LINC. The position requires both a physical presence in LINC’s Bethlehem office as well as remote opportunities. The incumbent will be accountable for the health of the business as described in a broad set of strategic and tactical responsibilities, including those stated below.
LINC is a growing non-profit organization that directly supports the successful recruitment, transition, and retention of talent. LINC’s vision is to be an indispensable partner in ensuring the success of diverse talent, employers, and communities through Learning, Inclusion, Networking and Connecting.
- Serves as a culture builder and transformative leader.
- Leads the ongoing operation of the organization in alignment with the Board approved strategic plan and operating budget.
- Ensures that the organization operates efficiently and effectively.
- Responsible for business strategies and tactics, day-to-day management decisions and implementing the organization’s long and short-term goals/plans.
- Hires, leads, manages, and holds accountable LINC staff, contractors, and vendors. Establishes and administers policies and practices that provide an inclusive and productive work environment.
- Oversees the development and delivery of services and programs, incorporating diversity, equity and inclusion principles and practices.
- Leads efforts to create, build and ensure effective internal controls and management and data information systems.
- With the Board Chair, leads and supports Board and Executive Committee meetings. Provides appropriate reports and coordinates all aspects of Board meetings. Engages with Board committees to determine direction and monitor/integrate committee outcomes.
- Works with the Chief Growth & Development Officer (CGDO) on the development and execution of organization’s long-term strategy to continue building self-sustaining value and growth.
Finance and Budget Management
- Responsible for developing the annual operating budget with input from the Executive Committee.
- Oversees annual budgeting and audit; manage/mitigate the organization’s legal risk and governs all compliance related issues; ensures budgets and financial allocations are aligned to organizational strategic priorities.
- Accountable for operating the business within the specifications of the approved budget
- With support from the Board, manages all finance activities of the organization including financial strategy, forecasting, budget administration, spending authorization, etc.
- Works collaboratively to develop and/or improve systems, processes, controls and procedures that improve the overall efficiency of the organization and ensure excellent client and customer service.
- Leads efforts to effectively align systems and structures across functions to maximize impact.
Oversees the development of consistent applications that will provide new/enhanced capabilities for workflow automation and advanced data analytics.
Customer Service and Engagement
- Engages with customers and clients to ensure satisfaction with services and programs delivered.
- Responsible for tracking performance metrics and providing reports to customers.
- Supports the CGDO to maintain and grow LINC revenue.
Services and Programs Development and Execution
- Client Services
- Leads, develops and implements proper tracking methods for customer reporting and assess effectiveness of services delivered.
- Responsible to drive optimization of services as appropriate.
- Assists staff in providing quality client services (e.g. training and coaching staff, helping deliver client services during periods of peak demand, etc.)
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Program
- Learns from the DEI Council to ensure that LINC’s staff, services and programs reflect LINC’s DEI goals, mission and purpose.
- Responsible for developing DEI goals and high-level deliverables for the following calendar year. Submit to DEI Council for review and guidance, and review with the Board.
- In conjunction with CGDO, plays an active role in identifying/securing sponsors, grants and other means of funding support for DEI work
- Support staff position(s) as needed to lead and execute DEI programs.
- Ambassadors Program
- Ensures that an effective Ambassadors Program (network of community volunteers helping newcomers transition into the Lehigh Valley) is re-established and supported (post Covid-19 hiatus) and is being utilized appropriately.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Mgt., Operations, Human Resources or a similar discipline. Non-profit operations, Human Resources, Public Relations and Marketing experience is a plus. Relevant work experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Five plus years’ experience leading and managing a services-oriented organization.
- Working knowledge of how an organization effectively functions including business-to-business relationships, human resources, DEI, budgeting, and service delivery.
- Proven track record of strong leadership and performance in complex situations, and in growing an organization’s impact (e.g. outcomes, revenue, market share, geographic footprint, etc.).
- Ability to effectively communicate about, and mobilize approaches around, the value of inclusive workplaces in business, education and industry environments throughout the region.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and develop staff and create an inclusive, team-oriented work environment.
- Strong organizational and project management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and follow-through.
- Experience in customer/client development, selling services and fundraising is desirable.
- Customer/client focused, highly responsive, self-motivated, creative and detail oriented.
- Regional business connections, and strong networking skills are highly desired.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness/ability to effectively ‘wear many hats’.
- A working knowledge of the surrounding region and local resources is highly desirable.
- Experience working in/with multiple industries and in/with non-profit organizations is desirable.
- Experience interacting with executives in industry, education, and agencies is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our organization is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.
If you are interested in volunteering or becoming a LINC Ambassador please submit your information through the Contact page.
Submit inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.